Why a Loving Attitude is so Important.
I want you to know how much I love you and care about your well-being and I am so grateful for having you in my life. You were, and are, so instrumental in my seeing what I need to change about me to be a better person and although it is a somewhat lengthy process I have become a person I truly like. You must also know that whatever troubles you, troubles me, and while I can’t fix what you’re going through I will try and support you as best I can. I say this to you and when I look in the mirror I say it to myself.
This article from Neale Donald Walsch is another way to show love to others and yourself. “That you can live a charmed life, and that there is a formula by which you can make this work. Here is the formula: You can live a charmed life by causing others to live a charmed life. That is, be the source of ‘charm’ — of charming moments and experiences — in the life of another. Be everyone else’s Lucky Charm! Make all who you touch today feel ‘lucky’ that you crossed their path. Do this for a week and watch things change. Do it for a month and you’ll be a different person.
Like you, I have my own unique path to travel and lessons to be learned so I can grow and be the best version of me. I can choose! Yes, I can choose what works and eliminate what doesn’t, that holds true for what I do and people I know.
Employee this acronym. PLEASE CEE
- Practice forgiveness and letting it go, so I can change my circumstances.
- Learn to understand the message, see the lesson and move forward making a better life.
- Eliminate as much past thinking as I can. While I will never forget the past, I can let it go.
- Approach all problems knowing there is always a solution.
- Summon words and take action that shows compassion, empathy, and love.
- Erase past stuff of how I believe I was hurt or was a victim and take responsibility for my thoughts, words, and actions.
- Choose to live in the present because making this moment happy, creates a beautiful past and future.
- Eradicate any anger as anger is only stopping me from being happy in the present.
- End the need to point out to someone what I don’t like about them or their flaws.
As Gandhi said, “You must be the change you wish to see in the world.” And Ben Franklin’s quote, “A man convinced against his will is of the same opinion still” unifies Gandhi’s quote. Which means that I can only change me and I cannot change someone else. The best I can do is hopefully show them another and perhaps better way to be their best.
So, if at times I feel cursed, or wounded, or wronged in some way, I stop and change my thinking. I must look at the situation and try to understand the lesson or the message the universe is wanting me to experience. For as long as I resist this same issue will persist and these lessons will continue in a slightly different form or exactly the same as before until I understand what I am meant to understand. Then make a change in my behavior or thinking.
I have also found that the best way I can achieve growth in any area is to have a coach, advisor or mentor, which is someone we all need, even though we may believe we can do it on our own.
One more quote from Ben Franklin, “Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn.”
I’ll leave you with this, “Love is the answer to every question and being Love is the answer to peace.” Arthur Tassinello.
Blessings and Love to All.